Sunday, May 18, 2008

artomatic 5/17


Today I did my second volunteer shift from 12-5. It was a much better shift than the 9pm -2am shift. It was nice to see all of the children going to the workshops on the 7th floor where you can find the Education Room. There are many workshops available for children during Artomatic on Saturdays. It was such a joy to see the pinatas that the children made when they were leaving Artomatic. Go to www.artomatic.org/kids to get more info on workshops and rsvp for events. I highly recommend bringing your children, nieces, nephews, and/or neighbor's kids to a workshop and then on a tour of Artomatic. Also the Community Drum Circle was a big family favorite. It was so cute seeing all the little ones jamming with their parents on the drums. Its great to see adults get silly with their children on the weekends when they are so seriously working all week. Awesome family activity for a Saturday. On May 31st there is a Peeps workshop for children, we are taking our friend's kid Izzy. Also check out the Peepsomatic on the 10th floor. I think we are taking an artomatic break until the 31st after a full weekend of volunteering. More photos to come after the 31st.
After our shift we walked around and looked at more art. We saw many artists like Anna Nazaretz, my husband really likes her work. He also is a big fan of Chris Bishop and Andrew Wodzianski. I think my husband has a robot fetish. I really liked the artwork of Jeannette L. Herrera. Her Mary and Grace pieces are my favorite. We also enjoyed Coincide:Contemporary Ceramics Sculpture on the 10th floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home