Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hanging Artomatic





On Wednesday night my husband, Travis and myself went to Artomatic to hang my art on my 12'x8' piece of real estate. Travis did most of the work. He is the best!
We were pretty loud hammering into a wooden wall in a large concrete space. I suggest using screws if you are hanging artwork at Artomatic.
Artomatic is so awesome. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. This is such a great experience for meeting other artists and making connections. We will be back next Wednesday to finish hanging.
Artomatic is a huge art show with almost 1000 artists both visual and performing starting May 9 – June 15, 2008
Capitol Plaza I
1200 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Metro: Red Line, New York Ave., M St exit
We plan to attend opening night. We should be there about 8pm. We hope to see one of my students, that I taught when she was nine, who is now 16 sing on the Cabaret Stage. Also our friend Rick's band Demivolt at 11pm. It will be a late night.




1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM , Blogger TammyVitale said...

Hi - am starting at the end of the catalog and ran across you first...this is my 4th artomatic and I focus on the female form too so LOVE your work! Will be giving you a shout out on my blog (am browsing for some links right now): www.TammyVitale.com. Am 9th floor, SW quad, 5A and A5 (the 2nd site is a collaborative install with a friend). Hope to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home